PLEASE DROP OFF
All items must be in good condition and working order. Any donation you bring to us saves valuable resources.
DROP OFF LOCATION:
Bring your donation to our location at
OUR PLEASURE TO PICK UP
FREE PICK-UP IN SUMNER COUNTY:
We will pick up your large item donations for
Schedule a pick-up by phone
What the Habitat ReStore Accepts and Sells:
New and gently used, very clean, fully functioning, structurally sound items, 100% complete with all parts attached
* Hardwood flooring - at least 25 square feet and in excellent condition with no splitting or cracking
* Vinyl and ceramic tile - at least 25 square feet and in excellent condition
* Carpet must be 10‘x10‘ or larger, in excellent condition with no visible wear or tear, stains, or animal smells
* Carpet padding must be at least 5‘ x 5‘ with no stains or animal smells
Architectural Items - mantels, columns, stained and leaded glass windows, etc
* Wood furniture in excellent condition (i.e. bookcases, tables, dressers, desks, etc)
* Upholstered furniture in excellent condition, with no rips, tears, stains or soiled spots
Plumbing items must be in good condition with no chips, cracks, or rust
* Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
* Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
* Fiberglass or cast iron bathtubs with no cracks
* Complete toilets, showers or shower doors
* Miscellaneous plumbing hardware
Paint (accepted on a seasonal basis) full unopened non-rusted cans of water-based paint only
Electrical/Lighting items must be complete and in excellent condition
Hardware / Building Materials - complete sets of door hardware, hinges, cabinet hardware, etc.; any quantity of nails, screws, fasteners, hangers, connectors, etc.
* Lumber, trim and moulding must be at least 5 ft in length, with no nails or warping
* Sheet goods (particleboard, plywood and paneling) must be at least half sheets with no damage
Windows must be complete units (with all sashes and frame) with no rotted wood, cracked or foggy glass
Doors must be in excellent condition, with no rotted wood, broken glass, or peeling paint
Prehung or slabs, exterior or interior, including closet doors. Storm doors must have all tracking
Cabinets must have all doors and drawers, with no structural or water damage.
We accept both kitchen and bathroom cabinets in sets or individual pieces.
Appliances - 5 years old or newer, clean and in working order
Dryers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, small countertop appliances, vent hoods, cook tops, ovens (drop-in or free standing), trash compactors, garbage disposals
wallpaper, home decor, framed mirrors, books, videos, dvds, gas logs, free standing wood stoves, brick/block, window AC units (under 5 years old), shutters, ceiling tile, hand and power tools (in perfect working condition)
We Do Not Accept the Following:
Computers, electronics, televisions, stereos, clothing, mattresses, used mini blinds, unframed mirrors, dishes, baby items, thermostats, fireplace inserts, fluorescent lights, drywall, storm windows, countertops, vanity tops, automotive parts, patio sliding doors, HVAC components, commercial items
VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!
In accordance with the new "Lead In Drinking Water Act of 2014" The Habitat for Humanity of Sumner County ReStore will no longer SELL or Receive Dishwashers, Water Heaters, kitchen or bathroom faucets, pipes and pipe fittings that lead to those appliances, or any plumbed in appliances that DO NOT HAVE the new 2014 LEAD FREE CERTIFICATE. We will have printed material in the store for the next several months that will hopefully be able to answer your questions. As we become more familiar with the law we will be more able to answer your questions.
We reserve the right to turn down any donation upon inspection.
If you have any questions or would like further information about making a donation, please call
(615) 230-3032 or visit us at 327 Sumner Hall Drive, Gallatin TN.
Store Hours - 9 am to 5 pm Tuesday thru Friday and Saturday 9 am to 4 pm
We are closed Sunday and Monday and only accept drop-off donations during open hours
Habitat for Humanity Sumner County ReStore General Manager - Bob Williams